Who can apply?
You may apply for participation if all of the following conditions are met:
- You are a graduate student (master, doctoral) in psychology or related fields (e.g., philosophy, cognitive science, neuroscience).
- You are not and were never enrolled at a German university (including previous module courses).
- You have sufficient English skills to follow and contribute to courses in English.
- The regular participation fee is 142.70 Euros.
- The fee includes the semester fee of the University.
- As the module course will take place online, no other expenses apply.
Stipends / Award
- Stipends (150€) are available for applicants of ActCon 2021. To apply for a stipend please fill out the stipend application in the application form.
- The best student presentations will receive an award (150€).
Deadlines / Timeline
- Deadline for applications: February 21st, 2021
- Feedback on acceptance: March 1st, 2021
- Enrolment at University of Würzburg: until April 10th, 2021 (You can enrol online)
How to Apply (Deadline: Feb. 21st, 2021)
Applications will only be handled electronically. Please download the application form and submit the filled-in form together with electronic copies of all other required documents - merged into one pdf-file - to the ACTCON 2021 office at email@example.com. Please make sure to enter a valid e-mail-address and check your mailbox (including spam folder) regularly.
- Completely fill out and sign (sign electronically or scan the signed document) the application form
- Copies of all your secondary school certificates which entitle you to be admitted to a university. (These may have to be translated into German or English by an official translator if they are not available in a language using the Latin alphabet)
- Copy of Higher Education Entrance Examination, if required in your home country
- Copies of transcripts and certificates obtained during a course of study at university in your home country. (These may have to be translated into German or English by an official translator if they are not available in a language using the Latin alphabet.)
- Short CV covering everything up to the date of application
- Scan of passport (required for university registration); if possible, front and back side on the same page
- Passport photo (JPEG, not bigger than 2x2 cm, suitable for student ID); if possible, on the same page as your scan of passport
- Applicants from China and Vietnam must submit the original certificate from the Academic Evaluation Center (Akademische Prüfstelle - APS). You'll get further information from the German Embassy in your home country.
Attention: Please make sure to submit all required documents; incomplete applications cannot be processed.
After Acceptance: Enrolment Process
If you applications is accepted, you need to enrol online. For formal reasons, participants of the summer module course need to enrol as students at the University of Würzburg for the summer semester 2021 (module course of study, module "Forschungsfragen der Philosophie II” (5 ECTS). Please be prepared to complete the enrolment application shortly after receiving an acceptance letter. You should check your mailbox on March 1st, 2021, and then immediately start the enrolment process (which can be done online). You will receive detailed information about the enrolment process on acceptance. To enrol, the following documents are required:
- Enrolment Form
The form will be provided upon acceptance.
- Prove of Payment
Please be prepared to pay the participation fee after receiving an acceptance letter. You should check your email on May 1st 2021 and then immediately advise your bank to transfer the money (banking information will be given in the acceptance letter).
- Health Insurance
International participants from EU countries simply need to obtain the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) from their health insurance provider (at no additional costs). Please note, however, that the EHIC needs to be recognized by a German statutory health insurance provider. For further information about health insurance for international students, see https://www.daad.de/en/study-and-research-in-germany/plan-your-studies/health-insurance/
For international participants from outside the EU, proof of health insurannce will be waived. You don't need to provide proof of health insurance.
- Scan of the passport
For all questions, get in touch with the ACTCON office at firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim at getting back to you with an answer to your question within two workdays.