Conditions and Application
Who can apply?
You may apply for participation if all of the following conditions are met:
- You are a graduate student (master, doctoral) in psychology or related fields (e.g., cognitive science, neuroscience)
- You have sufficient English skills to follow and contribute to courses in English
- Your secondary education entitles you to study at a German University
- All participants will have to enroll at the University of Würzbug, which requires paying a semester fee of €142,70.
- There are no other fees for participating in the Mindfulness Summer Module Course programme.
- Accepted participants in need for financial support can apply for a sholarship of around 50 €. The exact amount depends on how many students will register.
- Details of the application process will be announced in good time after acceptance
Deadlines / Timeline
- Deadline for applications: March 12th, 2021
- Feedback on acceptance: April 1st, 2021
- Enrolment at University of Würzburg: until April 10th, 2021 (you can enrol online)
Please be prepared to pay the semester fee of €142,70 after receiving an acceptance letter. You should check your email on April 1st 2021 and then follow the instructions for transferring the semester fee, which may require you to immediately advise your bank to transfer the money as described here.
How to apply
Applications will only be handled electronically. Please download the application form and submit the filled-in form together with electronic copies of all other required documents - merged into one pdf-file - to the Mindfulness office at firstname.lastname@example.org Please make sure to enter a valid e-mail-address and check your mailbox (including spam folder) regularly. On request, we will be happy to provide you with an invitation letter for visa purposes.
- application form for module course of studies. Please fill in your personal data and sign electronically (or print out the form with your personal data, sign it, and scan it back in).
Please note: For formal reasons, you need to fill in as the main subject the module " Forschungsfragen der Philosophie II" (Mindfulness 2021).
- scan of passport (required for university registration); if possible, front and back side on the same page
- passport photo (JPEG, not bigger than 2x2 cm, suitable for student ID); if possible, on the same page as your scan of passport
- copies of all your secondary school certificates which entitle you to be admitted to a university. (These may have to be translated into German or English by an official translator if they are not available in a language using the Latin alphabet.)
- copy of Higher Education Entrance Examination, if required in your home country
- copies of transcripts and certificates obtained during a course of study at university in your home country. (These may have to be translated into German or English by an official translator if they are not available in a language using the Latin alphabet.)
- short CV covering everything up to the date of application
- applicants from China and Vietnam must submit the original certificate from the Academic Evaluation Center (Akademische Prüfstelle - APS). You'll get further information from the German Embassy in your home country.
Attention: Please make sure to submit all required documents; incomplete applications cannot be processed.
After Acceptance: Enrolment Process
If you applications is accepted, you need to enrol online. For formal reasons, participants of the summer module course need to enrol as students at the University of Würzburg for the summer semester 2021 (module course of study, module "Forschungsfragen der Philosophie II” (5 ECTS). Please be prepared to complete the enrolment application shortly after receiving an acceptance letter. You should check your mailbox on March 1st, 2021, and then immediately start the enrolment process (which can be done online). You will receive detailed information about the enrolment process on acceptance. To enrol, the following documents are required:
- Enrolment Form
The form will be provided upon acceptance.
- Prove of Payment
Please be prepared to pay the participation fee after receiving an acceptance letter. You should check your email on May 1st 2021 and then immediately advise your bank to transfer the money (banking information will be given in the acceptance letter).
- Health Insurance
International participants from EU countries simply need to obtain the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) from their health insurance provider (at no additional costs). Please note, however, that the EHIC needs to be recognized by a German statutory health insurance provider. For further information about health insurance for international students, see https://www.daad.de/en/study-and-research-in-germany/plan-your-studies/health-insurance/
For international participants from outside the EU, proof of health insurannce will be waived. You don't need to provide proof of health insurance.
For all questions, get in touch with the Mindfulness office at Mindfulness2021@uni-wuerzburg.de. We aim at getting back to you with an answer to your question within two workdays.
Visit us on our Facebook site to be up to date!