Conditions and Application1
You may apply for participation if all of the following conditions are met:
- You are a graduate student (master, doctoral) in psychology, communication studies or related fields (e.g., educational science, empirical studies of literature, psycholinguistics).
- You have sufficient English skills to follow and contribute to courses in English.
*Please note that a large percentage of accepted participants will likely be international students, i.e., students who are not and have never been enrolled at a German university. That said, a limited number of participants from German universities will be admitted in addition to the international students.
Fees and benefits:
- The summer module course is free of charge for admitted participants (we expect to receive generous funding that covers all costs). There is no attendance fee.
- Admitted participants will receive the following benefits: Accommodation with breakfast in a modern 3* hotel (double room), free use of local buses and trains, all classes and materials for the SALON Summer Module Course as well as an attractive social program. Should you prefer to stay in a single room, this would require a surcharge of 195 Euros for the whole stay.
- Please note: In the unlikely event that we do not receive the expected funding, we will inform applicants in the first week of February whether we need to charge a contribution towards expenses for accommodation and the social program. Applicants will then have the opportunity to re-apply or withdraw their application.
- The expenses for your travel to Würzburg must be covered by yourself.
- Würzburg is conveniently located within Germany and can be easily reached via air, train, and car. For further information on how to reach Würzburg, click here.
- deadline for applications: February 21st, 2020
- feedback on acceptance: March 1st, 2020
- enrolment at University of Würzburg: until April 10th, 2020 (no presence required, but proof of valid health insurance)
Further important information: Enrolment and health insurance
For formal reasons, participants of the summer module course need to enrol as students at the University of Würzburg for the summer semester 2020 (module course of study, module "Pädagogische Psychologie des Lehrens und Lernens und Sozialpsychologie der Schule und Familie", 4 ECTS). Please be prepared to complete the enrolment application and to send in proof of health insurance shortly after receiving an acceptance letter. You should check your mailbox on March 1st, 2020, and then immediately start the enrolment process (which can be done online).
Participants will need to present proof for a health insurance valid in Germnay for the duration of the summer semester (April-September 2020). International participants from EU countries simply need to obtain the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) from their health insurance provider (at no additional costs). Please note, however, that the EHIC needs to be recognized by a German statutory health insurance provider. For further information about health insurance for international students, see https://www.daad.de/en/study-and-research-in-germany/plan-your-studies/health-insurance/
International participants from non-EU countries might have to obtain a German health insurance. We will assist participants in this process, if needed, and try to find ways to reduce the financial burden.
Applications will only be handled electronically. Please download the application form and submit the filled-in form together with electronic copies of all other required documents - merged into one pdf-file - to the SALON office at email@example.com. Please make sure to enter a valid e-mail-address and check your mailbox (including spam folder) regularly. On request, we will be happy to provide you with an invitation letter for visa purposes.
- application form for module course of studies. Please fill in your personal data and sign electronically (or print out the form with your personal data, sign it, and scan it back in).
Please note: For formal reasons, you need to fill in as the main subject the module "Pädagogische Psychologie des Lehrens und Lernens und Sozalpsychologie der Schule und Familie" (SALON).
- scan of passport (required for university registration); if possible, front and back side on the same page
- passport photo (JPEG, not bigger than 2x2 cm, suitable for student ID); if possible, on the same page as your scan of passport
- copies of all your secondary school certificates which entitle you to be admitted to a university. (These may have to be translated into German or English by an official translator if they are not available in a language using the Latin alphabet.)
- copy of Higher Education Entrance Examination, if required in your home country
- copies of transcripts and certificates obtained during a course of study at university in your home country. (These may have to be translated into German or English by an official translator if they are not available in a language using the Latin alphabet.)
- short CV covering everything up to the date of application
- applicants from China and Vietnam must submit the original certificate from the Academic Evaluation Center (Akademische Prüfstelle - APS). You'll get further information from the German Embassy in your home country.
Attention: Please make sure to submit all required documents; incomplete applications cannot be processed.
For all questions, get in touch with the SALON office at firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim at getting back to you with an answer to your questions within two workdays.