The curriculum of SALON Summer School was designed to offer diverse opportunities to broaden your knowledge about the psychology of narrative impact and to improve your methodological skills.
- Morning lectures will provide cross-cutting, state of the art perspectives on important research topics in the field. All morning lectures are given by internationally renowned experts.
- Hot-topic sessions provide a chance to work with one of our teachers in depth on a current topic of interest based on selected papers. The outcome will not only be a deeper insight into the matter. You might as well develop new research questions, and ideally, this will set off a long-lasting collaboration. Select hot-topic sessions will also offer the possibility to discuss your own research (e.g., dissertation projects) with the expert teachers and your fellows. Hot-topic sessions will last for one or two days, and you may choose from several topics being offered.
- Our workshops are geared towards improving important methodological skills. Most of the workshops last one day, and you may choose up to four workshops from several being offered.
Click here to see the detailed course program.
Invited speakers for the morning lectures:
- Prof. Melanie Green, PhD, University at Buffalo, USA
- Prof. Arthur Jacobs, Free University Berlin, Germany
- Prof. Raymond Mar, PhD, York University, Toronto, Canada
- Prof. Mary Beth Oliver, PhD, The Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Prof. Dr. Rolf Zwaan, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Invited teachers of hot-topic sessions or workshops:
- Prof. Dr. Anne Bartsch, University of Leipzig, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Helena Bilandzic, University of Augsburg, Germany
- Dr. Anita Eerland, University of Utrecht, Netherlands
- Prof. Dr. Timo Gnambs, University of Bamberg, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Diana Rieger, LMU Munich, Germany
- Dr. Tim Wulf, LMU Munich, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Markus Appel, Psychology of Communication and New Media
- Dr. Michael Brill, Media Psychology
- Dr. Katharina Diergarten, Developmental Psychology
- Sven Greving, Educational Psychology
- Prof. Dr. Johannes Hewig, Differential Psychology
- Prof. Dr. Lynn Huestegge, Cognitive Psychology
- Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Lenhard, Educational Psychology
- Dr. Jan Lenhart, Educational Psychology
- Prof. Dr. Birgit Lugrin, Media Informatics
- Dr. Christoph Mengelkamp, Psychology of Communication and New Media
- Dr. Hannes Münchow, Educational Psychology
- Prof. Dr. Gerhild Nieding, Developmental Psychology
- Prof. Dr. Tobias Richter, Educational Psychology
- Dr. Johannes Rodrigues, Differential Psychology
- Dr. Julia Schindler, Educational Psychology
- Marie-Luise Schmidt, Educational Psychology
- Prof. Dr. Frank Schwab, Media Psychology
- Benedikt Seger, Developmental Psychology
- Dr. Simon Tiffin-Richards, Educational Psychology
- Dr. Wienke Wannagat, Developmental Psychology
In line with the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS), all successful participants of SALON Summer School will receive a detailed Certificate of Attendance and a certificate of 4 ECTS points.